Shearwater Resort and Marina, also known as the 'Gateway to the Great Bear Rainforest,' is located on the Central Coast of British Columbia near Bella Bella. The resort is a popular destination for Sport Fishing, Eco-Tourism and also the central hub for mariners heading to and from Alaska or Haida Gwaii via the inside passage. The resort and community are known for their adventurous coastal lifestyle, friendly hospitality, and world-class natural landscapes.
What we are hiring for?
We are hiring a Restaurant Breakfast Server to join our growing team of skilled hospitality specialists and marine professionals!
• We are looking for an experienced restaurant server that is used to managing an average sales volume between $1,500 to $5,000 daily
• Assist customers with food and beverage selection by presenting the chef's specials, identify appropriate wine pairings and share upcoming events
• Document customer orders and communicate effectively the requests to the bar and kitchen staff to ensure all special dietary needs and requests are met in a professional manner.
• Responsible for food and drink preparation duties such as preparing desserts, coffee/tea and other items as requested by management
• Packing and billing paper bag lunches
• Ensure the dining area and bar inventory are stocked and prepared for daily operation
• Coordinate and communicate effectively with team members in the kitchen and other departments
• At least two years' experience working in a serving or restaurant environment
• At least three years customer service experience
• Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly in fast-paced environment
This is a relocation position where you will live and work in our community either seasonally or year round depending on preference.
• Competitive wages with starting rates based on experience
• Relocation costs from Vancouver or Vancouver Island are subsidized
• Subsidized accommodation available from $150-$300/month
• Flexible work environment and opportunity for growth in the company
If you feel you have the qualifications listed above and would be a great addition to our team, we would love to hear from you! Please send your resume and a cover letter about yourself and why you feel this is the right position for you.
This position is only open to Canadian citizens or candidates with current work permits
Other companies may call this job:
Server, Bartender, Hostess, Part Time Server, Food and Beverage Server, Live in server
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers